As I promised a fish pie recipe!
This is a great way to get rid of some of those odd veggies you have lying around.
A small handful of broccoli florets
1tsp Dairy free butter
30ml Baby’s milk formula (if you’re making this for someone who is not a baby try using oat milk)
Bechemel sauce (see previous recipe)
Blender (if baby is not yet eating lumps)
- Clean, peal and cut all you vegetables.
- In a saucepan boil your potatoes.
- In another boil your broccoli florets.
- In your steamer, steam your fish and carrots (around 10 minutes)
- Make your bechemel sauce as in previous recipe, adding parsley for flavour.
- When the potatoes are ready, mash using dairy free butter and 30ml of your baby’s milk formula (or oat milk if using).
- Blend together your veg and fish (skip this if your baby is eating lumps).
- Pour your bechemel over your fish and veg.
- Cover with mash.
The older your baby gets the lumpier you can make this recipe.
Why not add a small amount of onion too?
TIP! When boiling broccoli put the broccoli in the saucepan straight away (before heating water) this helps the broccoli keep its green colour.