Always a hit with Zach!
Another good way to use up your odd veggies.
3 Small tomatoes
1/2 Small onion
1/4 Red pepper
2tbsp Red lentils
- In a sauce pan boil water for your lentils and cook your lentils.
- Wash, peal and cut your veggies.
- In your second saucepan, heat oil and fry onions, garlic and red pepper.
- Add the rest of your veggies and leave to cook.
- When cooked through blend. Add boiled water if needed.
- When your lentils are cooked add to the liquid veggies.
- Add the spices and simmer over a low heat.
This recipes is great on its own or with a small bit of chicken.
WARNING! Red lentils cook very quickly and will turn to mush.
WARNING! When cooking garlic, do not let the garlic turn brown – this gives it a bitter taste